Thursday, March 5, 2009

response to mike moore and mr. our schools suck.

Alright, I give Michael Moore credit for being the outspoken person he is. He's got an opinion and he loves digging up dirt on people and rattling off a bunch of statistics about how screwed up stuff is, but cut to the chase, dude. I get it, America is a country of ignorant, lazy idiots who don't give a damn about much. Does anyone disagree?

I guess those who would disagree with that claim are doing so only because they're ignorant. You feel me?

Michael Moore is not awesome by any means. Fahrenheit 911 is a bunch of speeches cut and spliced together. Most if not all of them are taken out of context and re-worked so it fits in with his message. It's another stupid documentary that spins some topic into something the reader should BELIEVE in by the time it's over. As far as what he said here, he's right about the message he's trying to get across and it's interesting and startling, but I don't think anyone gives a hoot about doing anything about it.

Think about what the average American is like today. They've been divorced, have a bunch of kids to deal with and about to foreclose on the home the bank shouldn't have given them a loan for in the first place. Don't forget about those credit cards you've maxed out and throw away the bills for every month! What motivation do these people have to learn about our world and how to make it better if they can't even sustain themselves in society? There is very little that makes America great, and the things Moore brought up in the text are definitely a testament to that.

As for the teacher who wrote about how crappy our schools are: NO S##T, MAN.

This guy is cool because he tells it how it is-- unlike almost every other teacher I've come across in my time. Not only did I find myself agreeing with him as I read this, but I also related to it. If the way education is conducted and introduced into our society does not undergo an extreme alteration in order to adapt to the changing social climate in our country, we're pretty much screwed. Disagree?


let's brighten the mood with some disco.

MSTRKRFT - Work On You

3 comments:

  1. First off i would to say thanks for your blog response. i'll check out the band from the link you sent.

    To refer to your blog i just wanted to say that i've heard all the controversy surrounding Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 because the film criticizes the presidency of George W. Bush and the war on terrorism and i have to say whether everything Moore says in his film is true or not, i don't think he had the right to make a documentary from his point of view just to exploit America in a negative way. Being relevant to what you mentioned about people not being able to sustain themselves in society, i have to agree say that most of America is only concerned with survival in society rather than being motivated to shift the focus to our country's conflicts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Your blog is great! Hi I’m Jeni from Kristin Ravel’s class. I love how you write because I can actually picture the words as if you were speaking them! I was so happy to see someone else who does not agree with Moore’s BULLSHIT. He hardly makes documentaries. He only shows one side of everything and loads it with his personal opinions. I would say he is more of a film maker. I hated Fahrenheit 911 and I think Moore says things just to get a reaction from the public and less because he feels strongly of what he says. I really liked the song you posted as well. You seem to be very outgoing and it shows through your writing. I will definitely be checking back to read more of your blogs!! Nice to meet ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm Sam from Kristen Ravels writing class....Finally someone who sees Moore for the poser wanna be he is. Ok yeah like you said he's was outspoken and I do give him credit too for that at least. But I mean really, does he think what he's doing is sooo damn innovative and cool? Tons of people do what he does, his ass just got lucky and is now famous for it. As Americans we know we're jacked up...we don't need some lame guy telling us we are. Good job pointing out the obvious Moore.. But other than my ranting, I really enjoyed reading your blog it was funn. = )
    By the way love the song. I nice how you ended your blog with it....lol

    ReplyDelete